Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Spicy Thai Chicken and Veggie Noodles

Spicy Thai Chicken and Veggie Noodles – the best and easiest way to make Thai style noodles, loaded with veggies and chicken. Perfect for a busy weeknight!
With Thanksgiving out of the way, I’m sure you’re fed up with turkey and stuffing and sweet potato casseroles and all that, and I’m right there with you. Which is why I went for some Thai style noodles. I did use cooked chicken breast, but if you have some of that leftover turkey, that would be a great use of it here in place of the chicken.

But let’s talk noodles, my friends. I love them all, fat, skinny, and all different shapes and sizes. For others it may be a hot cup of cocoa, or a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup, while for others it could be their favorite cookie, or a spiced latte. But for me, nothing warms the cockles of my heart more so than a full bowl of noodles. And I’m not being picky here, any kind of noodles will do. I could even eat plain noodles with a bit of Parmesan cheese on them. There’s just something super comforting to me about noodles. So if on a cold winter night you like to sit by your fireplace with a hot cup of cocoa, I love to sit by the fireplace with a full bowl of noodles.

Let’s make some noodles. Hello my noodle friends. This dish is so easy to put together, you’ll want to forget all about takeout and you’ll be wanting to make this kind of dish every night for dinner.
Start by sauteing the mushrooms, I like mine a bit browned, so I cook mine a bit longer until they have the color I’m looking for. Then you simply add the peppers and garlic, cook for a couple more minutes then add the chicken or turkey, or whatever protein you decide to go with, just make sure it’s cooked.
The sauce is very simple to make as well, basically you just whisk all the sauce ingredients together and pour it over the chicken and veggies. Next you add the noodles and let it cook for a couple more minutes. The noodles, although cooked, will soak up all that flavorful sauce and give you some tasty noodles.
 Top with chopped green onions and chopped peanuts and dinner is served!
 You can’t get any easier than this and is it ever delicious! I made this 2 days in a row. We ate the whole thing in one sitting, and we love it so much I just had to make it again the next day.

Spicy Thai Chicken and Veggie Noodles - the best and easiest way to make Thai style noodles, loaded with veggies and chicken. Perfect for a busy weeknight!
Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 6 oz mushrooms, cleaned and sliced, I used cremini mushrooms
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups cooked chicken breast, cut in small pieces
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • ¼ cup peanuts, chopped
  • 12 oz Asian style noodles like rice noodles
For Spicy Thai Sauce
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • ½ cup soy sauce, low sodium
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
  • 1 tsp red chili paste
  • 1 tsp ginger, minced
Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 6 oz mushrooms, cleaned and sliced, I used cremini mushrooms
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups cooked chicken breast, cut in small pieces
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • ¼ cup peanuts, chopped
  • 12 oz Asian style noodles like rice noodles
For Spicy Thai Sauce
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • ½ cup soy sauce, low sodium
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
  • 1 tsp red chili paste
  • 1 tsp ginger, minced
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment