Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Harvest Salad

Hi Guys!  Well today is an exciting day!  Not only do I have a fabulous recipe for you, perfect for your Thanksgiving Dinner.  The hubs and I are heading out on vacation tomorrow.  As you may know, my husband was in the Marine Corps, and we are getting together with some of our friends and their wives from when we lived in Hawaii.  We rented a beach house down in Florida and are spending a long weekend there!  Totally by accident, we planned this little weekend over Veteran’s Day weekend and the Marine Corps birthday.  So this trip is either going to be great, or lots of trouble with getting these boys together again.  Because let me tell you, they may not see each other often, but when they do, Lord they make up for lost time!  You may remember, we had a little reunion at a wedding in June, which was SO fun, but 5 days of them together, I’m predicting trouble with a capital T!  So wish me luck and sanity! he he he
Our flight is at 6 am, so we have to be up at an hour that is so gross I’m not even going to say it!  sighhh  And even though I fly probably 10 or so times a year, I am a verrry nervous flyer, and we’re expecting some weather tomorrow, so if you guys could send up a quick little prayer for me, that would be awesome!!
On to the recipe!  This is a very delicious and very easy to make Harvest salad.  Not only does it taste great, but with the colors, it is gorgeous on your Thanksgiving table!
And like most great salads, this recipe starts with the dressing!  A fabulous and fresh creamy shallot dressing.  It is tangy and creamy, yet of course in Foodie’s Diet fashion, still very healthy!
Listen you guys, I hope you have a fabulous weekend and I’ll catch up with you on Tuesday!!
Harvest Salad
 

Ingredients
  • DRESSING
  • 1 shallot, chopped
  • juice of 2 oranges
  • juice of 2 lemons
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 Tbls honey
  • ½ cup Greek yogurt
  • 1 Tbls olive oil
  • up to 2 tablespoons water
  • SALAD
  • 3 heads of romaine lettuce- chopped
  • ¼ cup chopped pecans
  • ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese- if this is too strong for you, feta is also great!
  • ½ cup pomegranate seeds- if you can't find these, cranberries would be a yummy substitute
Instructions
  1. Mix together ingredients for dressing
  2. Toss together salad ingredients
  3. Serve dressing on the side or toss together just before serving.
Notes
For a holiday like thanksgiving, I like to toss the salad because when everyone is serving and passing food, one less thing to serve themselves and pass (the dressing) I think the easier and less table clutter.
Nutrition Information


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment