Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Crispy Baked Parmesan Garlic Breaded Mushrooms

Crispy Baked Parmesan Garlic Breaded Mushrooms – enjoy this restaurant favorite without all the fat and calories, try them baked! You still get all the flavor without the guilt.
You know those crispy fried breaded mushrooms you love so much at restaurants? I think you know what I’m talking about. Well I love them, they used to be my favorite appetizer to order, because I’m just nuts about mushrooms and fried food. But after all the heavy food lately I just crave something a bit healthier. Well at least until I start my Christmas baking, and that’s soon, as in a couple days. And I’m excited about it. But let me not digress any further and talk about these babies.
Yes, they’re baked, but they also are very very crispy. The breadcrumb mixture is Parmesan and garlic flavored, my favorite way. Loads of Panko breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese and some garlic powder combined together. Then I first rolled the mushrooms through some egg whites so that the breadcrumb mixture would stick to the mushrooms, then simply roll the mushrooms through the breadcrumb mixture. Really simple. Bake them for about 10 to 15 minutes or until they’re golden and super crispy.
 You can serve these with your favorite dipping sauce, like ranch dressing or whatever you prefer. While I admit that I still prefer the fried ones to the baked ones, this is still a great alternative especially if you’re looking to cut the fat. So if you love mushrooms as much as I do, this is a great way to have them, full of flavor and really crispy and delicious. What are you waiting for? Let’s make some
 

Ingredients
  • 1¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
  • 1 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tbsp dry parsley
  • 2 egg whites
  • 20 white button mushrooms, cleaned
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 450 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  2. In a shallow plate combine the Panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and dry parsley.
  3. In another shallow plate whisk the egg whites a bit.
  4. Dip each mushroom first in the egg white, then through the breadcrumb mixture, and finally place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mushrooms.
  5. Bake the mushrooms for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ranch dressing.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment