Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Sweet Potato Chips with Blue Cheese Dressing

You guys I am SO excited about this post today!  Why you ask?  Because there are 3 amazing things happening around here today!!  Ready?

1st, some housekeeping.  Sorry I’ve been a little MIA lately.  Here’s what’s up.  I have been dealing with some wrist pain, I’m pretty sure caused by typing.  So I’ve been, sorta scared to type.  Which makes blogging difficult.  So I gave myself a few days off to watch Grey’s Anatomy on Netflix.  Now I have a wrap on my wrist that I’m hoping will stabilize it enough so I can type pain free.  Fingers Crossed.  The good news, there still has been a lot of cooking happening around these parts, so I have a lot of great recipes headed your way!  Starting with today’s!

Ok, on to amazing!
Amazing thing #1
I have a super fun special project I’ve been working on for you guys! Announcing the
Have you picked up your copy of the Foodie’s Diet eBook?  It is on sale on Amazon right now for a very special low price of $2.99.  If you have picked up your copy, or were one of the lucky readers who got it emailed to you for free because you are one of my VERY appreciated subscribers.  You get to participate in the jump start for FREE.  If you have not yet picked up your copy, head over to Amazon, grab one while it’s at the special price, then join us for the jump start which begins.
November 2nd!
Amazing thing #2
So we have perfected the microwave mug cake right?  Now you guys, it’s time for microwave CHIPS!!!  Yesss!  Seriously.  Shockingly crispy, completely un-deep fried chips!  Made in the microwave.  ::insert balloon party emojis here::

The easiest way to make this recipe is using a mandolin, this is the one I have in my kitchen.  It’s cheap, small and the easy to clean.  I personally like that it doesn’t have an attached bowl, because I can slice over a cutting board, a bowl, whatever.  It’s really flexible.  Please please remember to ALWAYS use the hand guard!  This thing is SHARP, which is great, but can quickly turn painful!

If you don’t have a mandolin, you can use a knife, just try and slice as thinly as possible.  It works, just takes a tad longer.
Spicy Sweet Potato Chips
Ingredients
  • 1 medium sweet potato
  • cayenne, salt and pepper
  • Cooking spray
Instructions
  1. Using a mandolin, thinly slice potatoes. I used the #1 setting
  2. Line a microwave safe plate with paper towels, and arrange potato slices in a single layer
  3. Give the potatoes a quick and light spritz of cooking spray
  4. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper, and lightly with cayenne (cayenne is spicy! Remember, you can always add, but you can't take away!)
  5. Microwave, starting with 4 minutes, and check.
  6. Microwave in 30 second intervals after the 4 minutes until crispy. Mine took about 6 ish minutes, but other times took 8 minutes, so keep microwaving and checking, microwaving and checking. Until crispy and yummy!

Amazing thing #3

BLUE CHEESE DRESSING.  I am most excited about amazing thing number 3.  With your very crispy, very non-deep fried chips, there’s blue cheese dip.  And it’s like amazing, and totally not diet tasting AT ALL.  I have been trying to find a blue cheese dressing recipe for what feels like years.  Seriously.  And I finally found it.  Bring on more of those balloon emojis and dip your chips!  And at only 60 calories a serving, you can dip, well, everything!
Blue Cheese Dressing
Ingredients
  • 1-2 stems of green onions or scallions
  • ¾ cup greek yogurt sauce
  • ¼ cup mayo
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire
Instructions
  1. Blender method:
  2. I made this in the blender, if you do the same, add all ingredients to blender except the blue cheese.
  3. Blend until green onions are chopped finely, transfer to a bowl or storage container, add blue cheese and stir to combine.
  4. ---
  5. Non-blender method:
  6. Dice green onions
  7. Combine all ingredients
Notes
If you allow to sit for a few hours (in the refrigerator, be safe!) this will taste even better!

This recipe is thick like a dip, if you want to thin, add a bit of non-fat milk to desired consistency. I don't love almond milk for this recipe, it's a bit too sweet.

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment