Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Crockpot Beef Stew – A hearty and savory slow cooker beef stew

Crockpot Beef Stew – A hearty and savory slow cooker beef stew, perfect for those cold winter nights. This stew is loaded with beef, potatoes, carrots and green beans.

I just realized that sometimes I miss giving you guys some of my basic recipes, like this crockpot beef stew. It’s probably because it’s such a staple in my house, I don’t even think about it. This is a recipe that I’ve actually been making for years and years, learned it from my mother and the beauty of it is that it really is versatile. If you don’t want beef, use pork or chicken, then you can switch up the veggies, like add some cauliflower or peas. I don’t always make it in a crockpot, you can use a Dutch oven if you want to speed up the time, but the cooking process is basically the same.
However, hubs just got me this new crockpot for casseroles which I just love, so of course I had to try it. I can think of so many different types of casseroles to make in it, but I’m really looking forward to making my cabbage rolls in it. I only make cabbage rolls twice a year, at Christmas and Easter, so the timing is perfect. But this crockpot is also perfect for stews.

There is a bit of work required to get this stew going and basically that means that you need to get the meat browned. You have to dredge the beef through some flour then just brown it in a skillet. It’s a very important step. My mom would always always start any type of stew by browning the meat first. It really doesn’t take that long, it’s just something you have to get in the habit of doing. Trust me it will be worth it in the end, you’ll have tons of flavor.
This is a perfect recipe for winter, giving you a comforting beef stew loaded with flavor and providing you with lots of leftovers.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment